By Looks Forever Hair Skin Laser And Slimming Aesthetic Clinic, Dermatology
Does your skin feel itchy all the time and you feel like scratching it? Itchy skin is a very common problem which affects a lot of people. Depending on its severity, itchy skin can be mild to extremely annoying and is capable of disrupting your daily life and activities. Itchy skin may be caused due to several reasons such as allergic reactions, skin infections, dry weather conditions, certain medicines, soaps, detergents and insect bites. Scratching should be avoided as it may lead to more infections and injuries.
Here are some important tips to help you deal with itchy skin:
- Baking soda: Baking soda is an effective and popular remedy for itchy skin. It has a soothing effect as it contains anti-inflammatory properties. It also acts like a natural acid neutralizer, which gives relief from itching.
- Colloidal oatmeal: Colloidal oatmeal helps in soothing and comforting itchy skin. It has got inflammatory, anti-itching and soothing properties, which give effective relief from itching.
- Cool water: The sensation of cold and itching travels along the same nerve fibers in your body. By applying cool water to your affected skin, you will get instant relief from itchiness.
- Lemon: Lemon has been used to treat itchy skin since medieval times. Lemon is rich in citric and acetic acid. They are full of antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-irritating properties, which relieve itchy skin.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains anti-itching, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, which help in eliminating itching.
- Juniper berries and cloves: Juniper berries and cloves when combined together provide an ideal home remedy in case of itchy skin. Juniper berry contains anti-inflammatory properties. Cloves, on the other hand, are rich in a type of oil, which help in curbing itching sensations.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is full of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It also contains vitamin A, which helps in moisturizing the skin.
- Basil: Basil is an ideal herb used for getting rid of itchy skin. It contains Eugene oil, which is a topical anesthetic.
- Thyme: Thyme is rich in thymol, which has got anesthetic and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in making nerve fibers numb and also reduces inflammation.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil is full of anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antiseptic properties. These are beneficial for easing itching caused due to scabies, dermatitis and stress.
Apart from these home remedies, you should also wear light, natural fibers such as cotton so that your skin can breathe easily. Use fragrance-free detergents for washing your clothes so that they do not irritate the skin. Sufficient protection from the sun is also important to keep away from itchy skin.